The Mbappé saga could be coming to an end sooner than we thought.
The French superstar seemed to be all set to join Real Madrid on a free transfer this summer, but now Manchester City has thrown a curveball into the mix. The Premier League champions have reportedly made an astronomical offer for Mbappé, and it’s unclear if he’ll be able to resist.
This is a total mess. The Mbappé saga has been dragging on for years, and it’s hard to believe that it’s finally coming to a head. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens next.
▪ “𝐍𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐚 𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐥 𝐚́𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐨”@barral23 destapa toda la polémica de Xavi en el Barbastro-Barcelona de Copa y le deja un recado.
▪ “Lleva 14 amarillas y una roja. ¿Es normal eso para un entrenador?”
— ElDesmarque (@eldesmarque) January 9, 2024
Here’s what we know so far.
- Santi Aouna, a French journalist, reported yesterday that Mbappé and Real Madrid had reached an agreement.
- Juanfe Sanz, a Spanish journalist, reported that Mbappé’s entourage had been making calls to companies that help Real Madrid players settle into the Spanish capital.
- Edu Aguirre, another Spanish journalist, reported that Mbappé was willing to meet with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to tell him in person that he was not going to renew his contract.
The City offer is reportedly worth over £200 million. That’s a lot of money, and it’s hard to see Mbappé turning it down.
But Real Madrid is still confident that they’ll get their man. The Spanish club has been chasing Mbappé for years, and they’re not going to give up now.
So, what’s going to happen? It’s anyone’s guess. But one thing is for sure: this is one of the most exciting transfer sagas in recent memory.